Post by Admin on Jun 6, 2017 8:32:52 GMT -5
These rules are subject to change and probably will change with each new leader. Clan descriptions do not have to be followed but are just an overall view of the clan and highly encouraged.
BeastClan Information and Warrior Code
• Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may NOT have friendships with cats from other Clans, your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
• Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
• The kings word is law. Even if what he says goes against any of this the Clan must listen or face the consequences.
• Apprentices and Warriors must hunt for themselves, they may NOT take from the freshkill pile. Near the end of an apprenticeship, they are also required to bring a piece of prey back for the Clan. (If a warrior/apprentice is sick or told to stay in the camp they may take food from the freshkill pile)
• A warrior can neglect a kit if it is from another Clan or Roamer.
• A male MC can have a mate as long as it doesn't distract him, A female MC can not.
• The king decides if a killing is justifable. Self defense is normal.
• If two cats do not see eye to eye the Leader will clear out a spot and let them fight, he will keep a close eye on the fight. It is normal for cats to get hurt but the leader never lets it go too far.
• Disrespect is not tolerated, in BeastClan the High Positions are looked up to more than most other Clans might see theirs. Like a hierarchy the leader being the king, it's rude to be sassy with the leader and can often lead to punishment others clans wouldn't give nor care about. Most cats are afraid to even joke with a leader and always bow their heads in respect.
• The Leader does not need to choose a deputy, though in other clans they might look down upon him/her for not choosing... not that they really care what the other clans think. If the leader has a deputy they take over, if not then one of the leaders children will take over. Sometimes even if the leader does have a deputy his son will still take over.
• The Leaders Mate is like a second leader, though they are not allowed to control the clan like the leader they are looked at with respect.
• BeastClan is fearless, often times the leader requires their apprentices to be left out in the woods for one full night with the beasts, perhaps more than one night if the apprentice was a handful for their final assessment.
• No one stands a silent vigil when someone has passed, it's looked down upon as you are stuck in the past, the dead are dead and should be left as such.
• If a kit is born blind or deaf the leader will personally take the kit from it's family and take it to each clan to find a leader who will take it in. If no one will he leaves it for the Roamers. To other clans this is heartless and cruel, to BeastClan they understand that the kit would have died here and has a better chance in another Clan. The leader takes very high interest in any she-cat pregnant in his clan. Often sitting with them and then right after she's done giving birth they goes in and sits with her and her kits and watches them. It's a thing some queens in beastclan fear, cause they know what will happen if something is wrong with their kits
Cats in BeastClan and typically good climbers as they know when bears or other predators attack to climb trees and wait them out.
It's not uncommon for cats to be kicked out of BeastClan, it happens quite often as young cats don't understand the ways, while older cats know everything the leader does is to protect them and help the Clan grow. BeastClan cats grouped together due to their affinity for Zera, Goddess of the Plains and Hunt, and the boldness to share land with vicious animals. Having settled in arguably the most dangerous area, BeastClan cats use cunning to trick predators into fighting one another, then take out the weaker party, both defending themselves and often getting fresh-kill out of the deal. Zera granted them higher fertility in order to make up for how many of their cats are killed by predators; while other Clans viewed their decision to settle in this area to be foolish, BeastClan cats feel safe knowing that the other Clans will have a harder time getting through their territory and attacking when they don't know the locations of bear and badger dens. These cats are known for their dark and mysterious personalities, sending chills down the spines of those outside the Clan; however, their bravado often leads them to arrogance, and they often take on more than they can handle. They're feared by the other Clans for their prowess in battle and their uncanny sneakiness.
Due to the lack of light and the dark den in their territory, BeastClan cats tend to have dark coats. They're often large to take on the animals in their territory.
StormClan Information and Warrior Code
• StormClan is more lenient than Beastclan and Forestclan in the aspect of leaders. A leader is respected at all times, but they believe that clan cats and the leader are equal and that all cats should be respected.
• They are more willing to give a cat a second chance and allow them to prove their selves rather than flat out rejecting them. They are not, however, hesitant to punish those that deserve it.
• StormClan believes in mates, that someone is meant for you and that you should treat them more highly than you treat anyone, to betray your mate is the worst thing you can do. They believe in love at first sight and saving yourself for your one true love. Once you find your mate you are never supposed to leave them, you are mates for life and so forth.
Stormclan is watched over by Nixie, the Goddess of the Sea and Storm. This Clan was formed by cats who bonded over a love for the Goddess Nixie and a relaxed, peaceful lifestyle. These cats have sleek, thick coats, allowing them to swim for longer without getting their skin too wet. Because cats in the other Clans typically hate water, StormClanners don't generally have issues with others attempting to steal their territory.
StormClan cats are often calm and mellowed out, but they're often ditsy and their relaxed mindsets cause them to take everything a bit too casually, often getting them into trouble with other Clans.Stormclan is more likely to give a cat a second chance than the others. This is often mistaken by cats that think they will not punish you, but Stormclan is quick to punish those in need of reprimanding.
Stormclan cats have a variety of pelt colors: light browns, gingers, and grays all have their places in the Clan's territory. They have a variety of builds, but are fairly muscular throughout, as they spend a lot of time in the water.
ForestClan Information and Warrior Code
• Your clan is your family, cherish and love it as you see fit. You must be loyal to Forestclan alone, though you may have friends and mates in other clans.
• Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
• There is a seasonal clan meeting, called the Clan Council, which is held after every ceremony, where free speech is allowed; whether concern, question, or opinions, they can address any problem that bothers them directly to others or to high positions, no matter what is spoken without punishment during this time. This is to address inner problems and to rebuild the clan. Any cat older than six moons may join in the meeting.
• The leader will give the final decision but the deputy will be voted for by the clan members, often at the Clan Council. Deputies may be demoted if they have broken the clan code, made poor leadership decisions, or are unliked for the position by nothing less than three-fourths of the present clan members.
• Roamers are not tolerated. The cat who falls in love with or produces offspring with a roamer will be kicked out from Forestclan and so will their kits.
• Apprentices and Warriors may take from the fresh kill pile, however when prey is scarce they are required to consider the needs of the kits, elders, and the sickly before taking prey for themselves.
• If you find an abandoned kit (on patrol in territory or otherwise) that does not carry a distinct clan scent (where you would normally take it in or give it to another clan), you must take it to a sheltered area.
• Though they’re not as religious as Stormclan, Forestclan is encouraged to include gods more in their daily lives. It is deemed good to pray or come to the medicine cat for such things often daily.
• Medicine cats may have mates as long as they are not completely unable to perform their duties.
• Every time a new litter is born the leader or deputy will visit the kits before they become apprentices and have the medicine cat give Ryzel’s blessing.
• The taking of a life is never acceptable unless it is for self-defense or accidentally in warfare. Otherwise, murder is punishable by being outcast.
• Cats from other clans are welcome to join Forestclan as long as they swear loyalty to the clan and to the gods, have had no offspring with roamers, were previously roamers, or have broken a warrior code without apologizing for their actions.
• The death of a clan member will be mourned through a night without sleep by the leader, deputy, medicine cat and medicine cat apprentice. It is optional to for others to join in the vigil but it is welcomed.
• The deputy and other positions are able to make decisions when the leader is unavailable, but the leader’s word is still the highest in power and must be respected. However, it is understood in Forestclan that power is nothing without the members of the clan behind them, so the clan’s opinions are highly valued, and they are allowed to speak fairly without fear of disrespect.
• Though the code always applies, there may be less of a punishment since everything is done on a case-by-case basis. If a cat vows to do better after acknowledging what they have done wrong, the punishment may be less serious. A leader must always be fair and put his personal feelings aside during such decisions.
• The final assessment is done through the mentor describing the specific place in the territory for their apprentice to arrive to. The place is difficult to navigate, but not hard to recognize, and some mentors may even choose to give their apprentices various tasks beforehand. The specific place is a dense, pine forest often surrounded by dark flowers deep in Forestclan territory. The area contains dangerous plants and sometimes scarier creatures, but there are secrets to staying safe. After reaching the forest, apprentices are required to stay the full night there, using their wits to survive, and in the morning they must return to the clan camp within that day.
• Forestclan focuses on the harboring of life but also the protection of it. If, for example, a warrior should die in battle for his clan-members, he is to be treated with respect. It it also understood to keep Ryzel and the gods close, in thanks for their own lives, as well as also attempting to rebuild the bond they had with Ryzel. Trust within one’s clan are what keep Forestclan together, and they know that those bonds which are formed by choice and not blood can become just as strong and are fundamental to their clan life.
ForestClan believes in hard labor and training stubborn cats instead of out casting them. As the rumors go, some cats are forced to stay almost held captive if they try to leave. To be a ForestClan cat is to be one for life. Ryzel God of the Forest and Fertility watches over this clan and most cats pray to him for life and to keep hidden in the forest form all predators. The thick undergrowth in their territory makes it hard to navigate, which was both the biggest advantage and disadvantage of this Clan. They came together for their love of the God Ryzel and what he stands for. While they have adapted with smaller, lither bodies to maneuver through the plants quickly, prey is harder to catch as these cats naturally make a lot of noise and scare their food away.ForestClan cats take emergency situations incredibly serious, and their apprentices are taught early on how to deal with various dangerous situations calmly and effectively. As such, these cats are typically able to handle emergencies incredibly well, and are well-known for their confident decision-making skills.
These cats have a variety of pelt colours and shades. They're often small and built to move efficiently through thick foliage.
Haven Tribe Information and Warrior Code
Cats born into this Tribe will have Roamer names.
• A leader is voted the day after the last leaders death, the day before is devoted to mourning the dead leader. This is the tribes most vulnerable time as for a full 24 hours they do not have a leader, which is why they keep it a secret from others if their leader is sick or dying.
• Healers are picked from cats who say they want to be one. There doesn’t have to be an apprentice unless there is a spot to fill, but they can have one either way.
• Defend your tribemates like your family, you have to look out for each other. While relationships with roamers not part of the tribe is fine, relationships with cats living in the Clans are prohibited.
• Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory unless you are attempting to try to join or rejoin. No one is forced to stay in the Tribe, but frequent leaving and returning are against the rules. You are either with the Tribe or you are not.
•You have to treat all newcomers with decency, giving them a chance as they settle into the tribe. Of course, you don’t have to like them, but blatant hatred without a reason is the why many cats left their clans in the first place.
• As long as there are two medicine cats, or if there is one and it is a male, they may all have mates.
• Self-defense is sometimes necessary, and depending on the situation you will go unblamed for having to use it.
• The leader’s words must be obeyed so the clan can be as prosperous as it can be. You must respect the leader and their decisions, but they are not better than any other cat. The god Kiran is also to be highly respected in the clan, and anyone who blaspheme his name will not be tolerated.
•The leader does not have a deputy, but chooses an advisor the day they are chosen for leadership. A leader must always have an advisor so as to help them make wise decisions. The advisor is not in line for leadership, cats will always vote for the next leader.
•The leader’s mate is not held in a high position in the clan.
• The Haven Tribe puts stress on being able to coexist with other cats peaceably. They leave all the apprentices by themselves for 3 days in the middle of the marsh, forcing them to depend on each other to survive. This is all watched from a distance by a mentor cat, but they don’t know that.
• Cats in the haven tribe mourn together for one whole day.
Cats in Haven are usually strong and tireless due to their plodding through the mushy ground of the marsh. Tribal cats usually hunt frogs, fish, muskrats, and birds that live in the marsh. While Haven tries to make it clear that all cats should be treated with respect, it’s impossible to make every cat understand that. If cats are caught beating up on another cat for no good reason, they are left by themselves in the marsh for a night. Haven’s warrior’s names were changed to guards as they do more protect then fighting. The Haven Tribe was founded by the god Kiran, and the cat Fallow to give others like them a chance. They settled the unwanted area as unwanteds themselves; The Marsh which they now call home. Tribal cats are more about defense, though they know they can’t always use only that. Tribe cats try not to be biased about other cats, and accept anyone willing to join unless they prove to be troublesome. Unfortunately, their willingness to trust can sometimes lead to their downfall.
Cat’s born of the Haven tribe are known to have darker mottled fur to match the surrounding area, and slightly more webbed paws than others cats do due to the ever constant wading through water and mud. They are of average size.